British Falcon Races 2023 – Vowley Racing Entry
Vowley Racing Falcon Registration now CLOSED
Thank you to all competitors who have entered and we look forward to welcoming you on the 16th and 17th of September
Spectator Tickets can be purchased at the gate on arrival
The races will be held at Vowley Farm | Bincknoll | Royal Wootton Bassett | Wiltshire | SN4 8QR
♦ THE COMPETITION ♦
The competition tests a falcon’s abilities in both straight-line speed and aerial pursuit in an exciting and varied spectacle.
The Vowley Flat Race (Telwah) is a classic 400m straight flight sprint to the lure over level ground, timed between a start and finish beam. The fastest Falcon wins!
The Vowley Hunt Race is a simulated hunt of a remote-controlled robotic prey (Wingbeat Roprey), demonstrating the hunting abilities of the falcon; strength and fitness in the climb, speed in the stoop, agility in the chase and accuracy in its footing of the Roprey.
♦ EVENT SCHEDULE ♦
Gates will open at 09:00am for a 10:00am start. The Flat race will take place in the morning, with the Hunt race in the afternoon after lunch.
We encourage all competitors to attend Vowley on Friday 15th September for an informal practice and a chance to introduce your falcon to the course and local environment. These days are optional.
Please note: the race times on practice days will not count towards qualifying times.
The race order for both the Flat race and Hunt race will be randomly selected and announced on Thursday 14th September.
♦ TICKET PRICES ♦
Adult entry: £20.00 per person | Child entry: £10.00 per child aged under 16yrs
Falcon entry: £30.00 per falcon, per race entered
♦ DRESS ♦
High standards of presentation throughout the weekend.
♦ FALCON ACCOMMODATION ♦
Falcons must be kept separate and are the responsibility of the owner/ falconer at all times. Due to the risk of Avian Influenza the falcon barn will not available for accommodation.
There is a specialist falcon veterinary hospital in Swindon (10km), and an official falcon vet will be in attendance.
♦ IMPORTANT INFO ♦
- Falcons entered into the Flat race will need a GPS tag to enable efficient tracking and retrieval of falcons.
- Falcons entered into the Hunt race will be provided with an official tag with GPS to enable accurate height measurement and efficient tracking and retrieval of falcons.
- In accordance with UK drone law, all Pilots must hold a valid flyer and/or operator ID. More info can be found at: www.register-drones.caa.co.uk
- No pets are permitted onsite for falcon safety reasons.
- All models for the Hunt Race must be equipped with a foam head and presented for inspection before entering the arena.